If there is one thing I should be WAY better at after having a baking blog for 5 years, it should be reading directions.
Guess what THIS KID didn’t do.
I find this recipe, peanut butter blossoms with only FOUR ingredients, and none of them are flour (gluten free score!) and I think to myself, how hard can this be? Just put the whole thing together and you’ll be all set?
Read. The. Directions. First.
Look Closely – see how the kisses are kind of spotted? What I did was I put the cookies in the oven WITH the kisses on them. I wasn’t thinking about how that could potentially dry out and overcook/burn the chocolate. The cookies were fine, but these tasted smoky and unfortunate. Womp womp.
This however, is how you’re supposed to start. Rolled dough balls on a sheet, baked up all pretty.
And then we press the kisses (or hugs) into the puffed up cookies and create the ever-so-tasty cookies that I’m sharing with you today.
Recipe via the slow roasted italian
Yield ~44 cookies
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 1/4 cup to coat dough in
- 1 egg
- Chocolates for the top
- Preheat to 350°F
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar & egg together
- Roll a tbsp of cookie dough into a ball and coat with sugar
- Place onto cookie sheet with parchment paper & bake for 11 minutes
- Take the cookies out and place your chocolates into the top of the balls, pressing down and letting cool for a few minutes on the tray to set. Remove to cool fully ~5 minutes.
- Eat. But I don’t really need to tell you that.
Cheers to peanut butter – always.