Peanut Butter Blondies w/chocolate frosting via Best Friends For Frosting
What You’ll Need:
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
for the frosting
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 13 x 9in baking pan
The How To:
- Preheat to 325°F – yahoo!
- Cream the butter, PB & sugar together. (PS This was my first time successfully using my kitchenaid!!)
- Add the egg and vanilla. Boom!
- In another bowl whisk the flour & baking powder. Starting with this, switch off adding this mixture + milk to the batter. Flour -> milk -> flour -> milk -> flour.
- Spread into a greased pan and bake for approx. 40 minutes
- (Frosting) Mix the butter, cocoa powder, milk, corn syrup + vanilla together. Add the powdered sugar until thick and gooey. Yumm.
BAKERHI NOTE: I don’t usually stray from my go-to frostings, but this was a perfect match to this light and fluffy blondie. Do recommend.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips on top and call it a glorious day.
These were super easy to make, super delicious to eat and will make pretty much anyone who appreciates the perfect pairing of peanut butter and chocolate a very, very happy person.
Do yourselves a favor and treat yo’self today.
I owe y’all another recipe or two.