The Happy Baker recipe book might be my favorite right now between the smorgasbord cookies I made, and this crazy fudge. If you’re ever near a holiday like St. Patrick’s Day, or Christmas/New Years… or just have extra Bailey’s on hand, this is a great way to use the rest of it. You don’t even have to bake anything, just melt mix and pour!
Click through for the ingredients for your nosh-able dessert cocktail
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Melt the chocolates and butter together in a double boiler; this will be pretty thick already, so no – your chocolate is not seizing!
- Remove from heat and mix in the Bailey’s and confectioners sugar until smooth
- Pour into an 8 x 8 brownie pan lined with parchment paper. Chill for at least 2-3 hours before cutting up and serving. Keep chilled!
If I make this again, the Bailey’s taste was reeeeeally strong, so I might swap ¼ cup out for heavy cream. It will make it even richer than it already is, but cut the bite of the Bailey’s a bit. Or not, it’s still really good!
The original recipe also calls for flaky roasted hazelnuts (or filberts, whatever those are), but I didn’t have any. Those would’ve been a really nice addition, so do that too!
Who wants Bailey’s?